Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Saturday, November 22, 2008

What I am Thankful For

I found this online today. I won't tag anyone because you just never know who has time to do it...but if you'd like to....it would be fun to read. I'll comment if you link back and let me know you did it. :)

1. Which do you like better: Cooking at your house, or going elsewhere?

I think I prefer staying here, cooking and my family brings a few dishes. I have had years I really loved going to family's house but with the kids and the baby sometimes it's easier to stay home.

2. Do you buy a fresh or frozen bird?

hmmm I think I'd rather it be frozen. Super fresh food honestly creeps me out a bit.


3. What kind of stuffing?

I know it's awful of me...but I HATE stuffing.

4. Sweet potato or pumpkin pie?

Pumpkin Pie. I found a yummy looking recipe for a double layer pumpkin pie! mmmmmm

5. Do you believe that turkey leftovers are a curse, or the point of the whole thing?

Ummmm what is thanksgiving with no leftovers???? I raid the fridge by 8 p.m.

6. Which side dish would provoke a riot if you left it off the menu?

Mashed Potatoes and gravy


7. Do you save the carcass to make soup or stock?
No, but it's a good idea.

8. What do you wish you had that would make preparing Thanksgiving dinner easier?
2 stoves? haha

9. Do you get up at the crack of dawn to have dinner ready in the early afternoon, or do you eat at your normal dinner hour?

no, actually I choose to have a late lunch. I usually do a 3 p.m. type dinner so I have a light snack around lunch time (or just pick off the things I'm cooking hee hee) and then I don't have to rush. It's how I like it.

10. If you go to somebody else's house, what's your favorite dish to bring?

Cinnamon Chips Gems. If you haven't made these, look it up on Hershey's Website. They are mouth watering.

11. What do you wish one of your guests wouldn't bring to your house?

Can’t think of anything other than do NOT add green pepper to anything! blech!

12. Does your usual mix of guests result in drama, or is it a group you're happy to see?

No, no drama. Good conversation and loud kids...pretty much.

13. What's your absolute favorite thing on the menu?

Turkey and mashed potatoes and gravy!

14. What are you thankful for this year?

I'm thankful this is my first Thanksgiving being cancer free since knowing I had it. I am thankful I have a healthy baby girl out of all of it who just turned one. I am thankful I had a wonderful husband who took care of me through it all and stood by my side...never complained. He mowed the yard, then cooked the supper. He even tried so hard to brush the girls hair into ponytails. Something he never had experience with. He brought me my meals (what I could eat) in bed...and rushed to the store if I had a craving just so I would gain some weight. Yes, thankful for the hubby. And I am thankful for my other 3 beautiful girls...and how much they helped when I got sick. They had to grow up fast and learn to help around the house too. This year I am all better and for that I am most thankful.

4 comments:

Sandee said...

I'm going to post this one too. I'll post on Thanksgiving morning. Thanks, and I love all your answers. Especially what you are thankful for. :)

Unknown said...

That's a fantastic list of things to be thankful for.

Reeni said...

Thanks for sharing!

Leslie said...

Thanks for sharing!! also when I was reading what all you are thankful for I would have answered the same as you on most of the questions, like almost all!! we have similar likes!! =)